• In the Spotlight:

I went for my

physical. The Dr. told me that my physical was covered by insurance but if I told him about any of my previous problems it would be coded as sick and there would be a charge. For example, I previously had high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, and arthritis. I lost a lot of weight and watch my diet so I have all of these under control.
My question is how can a Dr. do a physical and not know about and consider previous conditions and their effect on todays health?
I think this is just a way for the Dr. to charge more.

I do not like to say this because I really like my Dr.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 7:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• It does sound weird. Any time I have a physical, the doctor looks at the information from the last physical and asks if anything has changed. My first physical with a new doctor, all of my problems are discussed. I've never heard of a doctor saying he would have to charge for a sick visit. It's a physical. It's an assessment of your overall health and to address any issues. Especially as a CYA to your doctor to have those documented in case something happens. Sounds like that doctor wants more $$$$.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010