Is it possible to die from licking envelopes (like George's fiancee on Seinfeld)?

Okay, I'm just kidding, but seriously, I have to lick about 100 envelopes, and it's friggin' gross. No, I don't have one of those envelope moisturizer thingies, and I can't even use a wet rag. This blows :|

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 7:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG!  Yes, you can die from bad envelope ju ju!~

tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Just use a small bit of kitchen sponge.......just keep it damp.......not too too wet is the trick.

You can see whether or not you have the glue wet or not..........good luck!

LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 7:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Why couldn't you use a wet rag? Or just wet your finger in water and do it that way..
    If you licked them everyday for most or all of the day you could get poisening from the glue, yes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• possible yes, probable no
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I know I could do that, and should bring one from home, but the problem is, it only comes up once a month, and I always forget! Oh well, halfway there...
    Anouck

Comment by Anouck (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I remember that episode years ago and thought it was silly back then. But, you never know.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 8:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• We mail a lot of transcripts from my office and we don't lick the envelopes (especially at the end of the year for the seniors' final transcripts, we send out about 250 or more) we use glue sticks, they are a lot less messy than sponges, wet rags, or even those sponge tipped bottles
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 8:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010