Manufacturers listen up: My tween-age dau. wont be dressing like a hoochie mama!

Why is it, once my dau left the Toddler-6X size, the clothes when from cute & tasteful to hoochie mama? My child will not be wearing low cut, low rise, writing on the butt, etc. trashy clothing. Where do you find acceptable clothing for your daughters?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's becoming harder and harder. My daughter turned 4 on May 30th and we don't do halters, short shorts, etc etc etc. ... I was horrified that this was the 1st Summer I couldn't goto kmart or walmart and get her a few outfits dirt cheap. Just the $3 tops/bottoms that she bums around the yard, pool, makes mud pies in, etc. I am not sure if it's across the board marketing for this year or just the age/height/weight she is at now but my husband and I were disgusted at the options. We took a radical stand and allowed capris and bermuda length shorts only. Most of her current wardrobe is from Oshkosh, which is apparently about the only company left that wants a child to look like a child and not a smaller and flatter adult female.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Good question, but it seems to be the same for adult costumes too! Seriously, if I see one more "sexy cop", "sexy nurse", "sexy pirate" or "sexy ANYTHING" costume, I'm going to boycott the entire holiday, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• clapping

MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• this is a rare sneak peek at 2011 kids swimwear collection from a major fashion designer. I think the FBI should be involved when it's this gross, really. I also consider this a sneak peek that walmart, kmart, etc etc will have shorter shorts and slutier everything else in the kids section next year as well.

http://www.odabash.com/shop.php?col=8&id=354

hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Gap has really gone in an entirely other direction, which I really appreciate. They also make their kids clothes look like adult clothes. But they look like art majors, business men, professional rugby players, or other respectable professions, NOT strippers, street walkers, or eye candy.

Their clothing of course is expensive but the quality is fantastic and it will last as long as your child fits it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• amen sister... my sister leth her daughter 7years old wear 18month old girls shirts she had from when she was a baby and she wears those high leather boots she looks like a flat out hooker seriously she a good little girl and she carries herself like any 7yo would but soon i think the attitude comes sith the clothes and just older men look at this little girl and it makes me feel verry uncomfortable and my sister thinks shes so cute .. shes is out of her mind
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My dd wears low rise jeans and a tshirt/blouse/polo that covers the waist line (most days). I have never had a problem finding clothing that covers her- except that I have to find slim sizes... then, we also don't shop at places like walmart... I was really surprised when I saw some of the clothes in there. Ick.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Wow, I totally misread this, I thought it was about Halloween costumes. Don't mind me, carry on!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010