do you have a lot of siblings and do you get along with all/any of them?

i have one little sister by three years (i am 40). we were CLOSE in childhood, fought in teens, and have been close in 20s and beyond!! we talk often or text or email--she is Opposite me but we love each other now. we used to want an older brother though!!

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 7:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I have 1 younger brother (2.5 years younger) I think we have always gotten along. we have had our arguments when we were little (not yet teenagers). I also have 5 younger sisters. Em and El are both 7 years younger. I have always gotten along with El (she is my Dad and step mom's daughter and I didn't really see her or hang out with her until recently). Em used to get on my last nerve and this lasted until I moved out. Now she is one of my best friends and the only person I know will take care of my kids like I do. She went away to college and we have gotten even closer =). Gr is 10 years younger than me and I love her to pieces and she is my FAVORITE person to hang out with. We have always been close. Br is 16 years younger than me (adopted) and she is like my daughter. we just have a special connection and get each other. De (adopt)is 18 years younger than me and I can't stand to be around her. she is rude and mean and whiny
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 8:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have lots of sisters, and we speak some. We see one another at x-mas.
    colepip2

Answer by colepip2 at 7:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have one brother who is 19 months older than me. We never got along. He enjoyed hitting and beating on me the entire time I lived with my parents. We can be in the same room today, but I find that I have to bite my tongue more often than not. I'm absolutely nothing like him and we agree on just about nothing. What's really sad is he is so much like the rest of my family, so I guess I'm the black sheep! LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have one older brother (by 4 years) and we never talk. I live here, he lives in Azerbaijan, plus our personalities just clash. My dad desperately wants us to get along, or at least be civil, so every now and then I try reaching out, but he's just an ass.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a brother and sister. I just got off the phone with my sister. We are on other sides of the country but we keep ourselves very close. I talk to my sister about once a day and my brother once a week, I love them more than anything I don't know what i would do without them
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• one sister (5 yrs older) we never got along until a few years ago. Now we talk often and go out together
    2 bros (7yrs older) he always acted like my dad, ugh. now we talk often and visit each other all the time
    (6 yrs younger) ugh, we got along as kids but now, he still acts like one and totally took advantage and my SO and I when he lived with us for a yr. He rarely answers his phone or comes over and he baptized our son, go figure :P
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have three brothers. We get along, but we're not close. They didn't grow up with me directly as they were my half-brothers, so we didn't gain a strong bond. I also have three sisters whom I did gro up with. And we're all really close.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have 4 sisters and 2 brothers and I have a great relationship with one sister (who is 3 yrs younger than me and one brother who is 8 yrs younger than me)...the other brother and 2 of the other sisters and I talk a lot via FB because they are out of state and one sister (the baby of the family) has disowned her entire family. She has no contact with anyone except our dad because we refuse to continue to bail her out and give her money when she gets into trouble with her credit cards and loans.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 8:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 3 siblings total. One brother whom is 20 months younger than me, 1 bother whom is 18 years younger than me, and 1 sister whom is 7 years younger than me. WE DO NOT SPEAK. Sister stole my indentity, oldest brother covered it up, and my parents will not let me speak to my 8 year old brother.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 5 brothers and 3 sisters and we are very close.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2010