If you dont celebrate halloween then do you celebrate Christmas or Easter??

And if so why?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 7:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• OBImomma >>> I am curious as to how you think Halloween is celebrating Evil????
    The Christian Holidays of now are ALL inter-graded Pagan celebrations of pre-Christian times...
    Christians celebrate the birth of Christ on the 25th ONLY bc the Church wanted to bring in Pagans so they
    inter-graded their Yule celebrations...
    Halloween is a Celtic New Yr celebration that is still celebrated today, but has over time/yrs have changed to
    become more circular and fun without any Religious to most...
    I highly recommend that you do some personal research before assuming that something is evil...
    Oh and for the ?... I celebrate all the Holidays... I am Pagan and Dh is Christian and we teach our grandson
    that ppl celebrate ALL Holidays differently and that many don't at all...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Easter and Christmas were not originally pagan holidays. They were integrated with pagan holidays to convert pagans. Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ, but was integrated with the Christmas tree and the Yule log to encompass the winter solstice. Easter is the celebration of the resurrection of Christ, but the Easter Bunny is a symbol of celebrating spring which happens to coincide with rebirth and new life which are themes of the Christian holiday.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LOL.... they won't answer this one honestly :P
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Growing up we did not celebrate any of the above. Around Easter we would do a Memorial to remember why Jesus dies for us. WE just did not the commercial and worldly aspects of the holiday. Then Christmas we did not do anything for because of pagan roots mostly. Anyways I celebrate all of them now and I can't wait to see the different holidays through my little ones eyes.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• And I make myself look like a moron by not reading through that before posting it but you get my idea.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I know I asked this question yesterday also and really didnt get an answer but I really want to know so I figured I would try again.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 7:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• The connection is that they all started out as pagan holidays....
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't understand why you can't celebrate all three...

We celebrate them all. We don't do too much scary stuff right now because my son is only 2, but he does love monsters.

Can someone explain why "they won't answer honestly"? Why would anyone lie about this? Almost everyone I know celebrates all three. (Save for friends of non-Christian faiths that don't celebrate Easter and Christmas anyway).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I am not sure why they dont answer because I really want to know the answer also. But I dont understand how they can say that one of the 3 is the devils day because it was originally a pagan holiday when technically all 3 of them are originally pagan holidays.
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 7:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I let my kids go trick or treating and dress up. But we do not EVER decorate or do any of the evil things (witches, ghosts, cemetery's etc.). We celebrate Fall more than Halloween I guess other than the trick or treating. and YES I celebrate Christmas and Easter...I am a little confused how Halloween is related to the other 2? Christmas and easter are about Jesus and Halloween is a time people celebrate evil things.
    when I was little we were not allowed to celebrate Halloween so we'd go to a harvest party at some church and celebrate all saints day the next day...November 1st.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2010