Heart sinking into oblivion when I should be happy...

I have found myself slipping into a minor depression I guess... A little more info.... I got married on the 1st of May...We got into a car accident the next day (we were ran off the road on the interstate going 75 miles an hour, totaled our explorer). We all made it out in one piece except that I miscarried which affected me more than I ever thought possible. Anyhow since then my husband and I have been trying to conceive again... I just recently found out that my brother is going to be a father of his first and that a close friend is going to have her second. And slowly my mood is getting worse even though I am trying to stay positive. I should be happy I will be an aunt but I keep thinking about how I wish that damn guy hadn't ran us off the road. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has found themselves in this predicament too...

justduckie_mom

Asked by justduckie_mom at 7:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have lost two babies and had friends and family members have babies around the same time they would have been born. It was hard to watch and hear them talk about it. I just tried to focus on and be thankful that they did not have to suffer the pain that I did. I was so happy they had healthy, beautiful babies. I am so sorry this happened to you. I found great support in the miscarriage/pregnancy loss group here on cafemom. It really helped me through all of the sadness and questions. Also, have you tried an ovulation preditor kit? That might help you guys out a little! Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:22 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No, but I'm sincerely sorry for your loss and not surprised you are depressed. Can you find someone to talk to who will just listen and not try to cheer you up?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I know how you feel. I lost my son in Feb at 5 months pg. Everyone around me is now pg and it makes me sad that I'm not able to conceive yet. We have been trying for months now. I have also been depressed about it, but I try to tell myself that God has a plan and it just isn't time yet. Keep your head up, you are not alone.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 24, 2010