How Do I get rid of acne?

I've been getting on the side of my face and it's been itching.

uniquemom30

Asked by uniquemom30 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Health

• If you figure it out you will be a multi millionaire over night!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If it's itching, it's possible it's something else. If it's acne, I found that Proactiv worked better than any OTC or prescription I tried.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Acne doesn't usually itch does it? Sounds more like your skin's reacting 2 something you've put on your face or eaten/drunk. It may b a cream, food/drink that's new 2 u? I can tell you and every long term sufferer of acne-like zits/spots.. at the risk of not cashing in on those millions previously mentioned, I had them for YEARS, and I tried EVERYTHING: creams, cleansers, medicine, nothing made the slightest difference. Finally I tried omitting things from my diet starting with chocolate (cause my mom always said u get spots from it!) it made 0 difference, I tried omiting cheese with 0 result BUT THEN! I gave up fresh milk and voila! They dissapeared within a week! Can't promise u that u react the same way as I 2 fresh milk but it's worth a try 2 omit stuff u eat/drink or putt on ur face, could also be soap, shampoo, washing detergent etc. U need 2 test ur way. Godd luck!
    B-Pod

Answer by B-Pod at 8:32 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I use L'oreal's "go 360 clean" face wash every day in the shower. It comes with a soft, pop out scrub brush that seems to help get my skin a little cleaner than just using my hands or a wash cloth. If I do happen to have a breakout pop up (every month around that time, never fails), I hit it with Burt's bees herbal blemish stick, which dries it right up after a few days. That being said, everyone's skin is different, and what works for me might not work for you. Good luck!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• use clean and clear for acne
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your diet has alot to do with the way your body detoxafies the impurities that you consume , spicy foods , sodas is the number one thing .if you can get control of what you are eating and figure out what food sets it off and you may be able to identify what is actually causing the acne to flare up ...be sure to wash your face every night before bed especially if you wear alot of heavy make up , use a glycerin soap , or all natural oatmeal soap this is what i have found that works best...good Luck
    ourboutiqueforu

Answer by ourboutiqueforu at 12:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2011