So I'm about 97% sure I want to go to school and become an ultrasound technician. How do I start?

I keep doing online searches and am having NO luck. I have to stay local as I have 3 small kids and a baby on the way. I'm in michigan, any ideas? I have a feeling I'm just going to have to call random schools around here and ask if they offer that program. *sigh*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• Call the hospital or a local OB/GYN and ask them what local schools they hire people from. There are schools that aren't accredited, so you want to avoid those. It is best to find out from your potential employment pool where they hire from.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• oh anothef good idea is the next ultrasound you go to ask them and in your next doctor visit. i found mine by talking to a follow coworker. i am in pa though. i was going to sigh up for something totally different thank god i didn't. right now i am in a very competative program for vascular tech. which is just ultrasound for the veins. good luck. i will eventually go back for my dms.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• look up school websites that are in your area. They will show you what programs they have. My friend is going to school for that and she said its pretty intense, but worth it. Think she did 4 years, not sure
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 10:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Are there any universities or community colleges in your area? Contact them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010