have you ever had your in-laws "going crazy" over your baby???

Okay, 3 weeks ago I finally gave in and let my son go to mississippi with my inlaws(I wasn't going to let him go because I saw the starting of a rash on his behind, and since he's been down there they say they rubbed vasoline on it and it gotten worse it has spread all the way to his belly :( ), he was supposed to be back yesterday because he had a WIC appointment to attend but they didn't bring him back so I could take him. and then I have to re-schedule it again and they have you waiting of almost a month if you re-schedule, to get (cereal, cheese, evap. milk, eggs and other items)He has a Dr's Appointment on the 5th and he should be back, my uncle in law is on vacation and said he's going to retrieve him Saturday. What do you propose I should do, should I be "stern" and tell them what I want or just let it happen or wait and see?

GeralynTaylon1

Asked by GeralynTaylon1 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• be blunt thats your child they need to respect your wishes with your child
    RussoFamily

Answer by RussoFamily at 2:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• be stern and tell them he HAS to be home by then. if not, then good luck seeing their grandson again...or at least taking them places.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Sounds like they have taken your son hostage!! I would just say he has an appointment this day so you want him back the night before...if they do not do that you need to go get him...and keep there visits supervised until they are willing to listen to you and your husband :) They need to understand when you have appoinments it hard to reschedule.
    Anonymous

• i completly understand your situation, you need to just tell them hey look he is my child and he needs to come home and if they can do that then tell them they wont be able to take him any where unless that can follow your rules. i have learned that IM AM THE MOM not them and im not gonna let my inlaws run over me and trust me if you let them they WILL.
    GOOD LUCK!
    gurlieracer4

Answer by gurlieracer4 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Be stern. Tell them what needs to be done. It's hard to reschedule dr appointments. You might just have to go get him yourself.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 4:42 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• uhh tell them to go buy destine overnight cream ASAP!!! then to bring you back your baby!
    magicmama6

Answer by magicmama6 at 9:50 PM on Oct. 29, 2008