Do you ever feel guilty for wanting to be alone??

Just wondering...
The other day I thought ohh, I wish I had the house to myself... then felt guilty. Any one else?

mom2maddie06

Asked by mom2maddie06 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in

• i steal an hr or so in my room at least once a wk, and yes i feel guilty, i know i shouldnt but i do
    1htmma4624

Answer by 1htmma4624 at 2:30 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Every one needs ME TIME.

Answer by louise2 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Eh, not really. Everyone needs some alone time. My husband works out of state more often than not, so it's just me and the kids usually. Sometimes i feel guilty for enjoying the couch/bed/tv to myself after the kids are down for bed or naps. It's not that i WANT my husband gone all the time, i just actually enjoy being alone more than he does!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 8:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• No, by the time I want time alone, I NEED time alone. Then 5 mins after they leave I miss them. But, no, you shouldn't feel guilty...we all need a little time.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Nope, because I'm a better mom when I get my alone time!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'm sure we've all had that thought now and then. Once I get the house to myself (which happens to be very rare), I think to myself, "It's too quiet in here!"
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:44 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Not at all. Moms need alone time.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't survive if I didn't get a little "me" time every day... even if it's after everyone has gone to bed
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 1:58 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• nope. i have to have it in order for others to survive. lol
    janeedanswers

Answer by janeedanswers at 3:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Did you ever hear, " God rested on the seventh day?" If God can do it, so can you. In fact He made it a requirement. We all need time to just relax and not have to do/give/ or perform for somebody. My friends ask me why I stay up until 4:30 am. This is the reason why. All day long the phone, the computer, the door, the caregivers, the dogs, and my husband are asking, telling, or wanting something from me. At ll pm. They all go home or go to sleep. Its quiet. I don't have to wait to use the computer. I don't have to be kicked off-line because its so busy. And Sunday nights is the best. Everyone is resting. I get to enjoy doing something for myself. Wasn't there something you enjoyed doing before the husband and children came along? Did you draw, write, paint, have a hobby? If nothing else, take a drive with your favorite CD playing. Sing along with it. Leave everything else on hold. This is your moment! Hope this helps
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:22 AM on Oct. 25, 2010