Would you rather eat at a chain restaurant or a family owned restaurant?

What are your reasons?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Family owned because I can order things unique to that restaurant and more than likely it was cooked in the kitchen instead of mass produced somewhere else. I can go to an Applebee's anywhere in the country and it all tastes the same. Also, I am supporting a local business.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have eaten in both. Though chains are everywhere you go, it is also good to contribute to the local economy by eating local. You also get to see how the mom and pop places do it, sometimes they do better than the chains.
    BirthMomof2

Answer by BirthMomof2 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I prefer family owned. Most of the time the food is way better. But when in a hurry, I'll hit up a drive thru.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• most of the time chain, unless i know a litle bit or heard good things about a family owned
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 9:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love family owned.. nothing like a place that makes all their own salad dressings and bread and uses real recipes rather than an ingredient list and makes cooking a science rather than an art form.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 10:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• When I am home or with someone who knows the restaurant I would say family owned. When I am traveling I would say chain. I know what I am going to get.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• There are no chain chinese resturants in my city, so it's all family owned.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010