14 month year old girl potty traning!

need tips please How can i try to potty train her?

johnandtabby

Asked by johnandtabby at 8:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just start putting on the toilet. Tell her "time to go potty". When I was potty training my DD's, when I went to the toilet I would bring them with me and make them go after I did.

Answer by louise2 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Just put her on the potty every 30 minutes or so even if you are in public. Don't get upset with her if she doesn't get it she is still young. Good luck.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:43 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• just intriduce her to the potty! I started my daughter at 1 yr. Their bodies dont mature until they are about 1 1/2 but if you start early they will learn quicker! What we did was put it in her room as a toy at first and told her to sit like a chair! we also showed her how to use it by letting her watch me go! (some people think thats weird and dont do it. its whatever your comfortable) My daughter learned to poop first because its the easiest to identify, When we would notice her pooping we would tell her your pooping and thats supposed to be done in the potty! Also when she was used to it we would put her naked often and ask her if she needed to go potty sometimes she would and we would praise her by saying "your such a big girl" or "Your doing such a great job going in the big girl potty" She caught on pretty quick! Hope this helps Good Luck!!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 8:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i started around that age and now she does know she sits on it and whipes but that is about it. she did say she had to poop and we made it one time so far. pee she has done only because it was right when she woke but its been awhile. but yeah she learned by being in the bathroom with me. good luck. oh btw mine is 19months and just starting saying potty.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I use a ring that goes on the toilet. It has handles so she doesn't fear falling off! I started when my daughter was about 9 months and put her on when I noticed she needed to poop. She was soon peeing too. I just put her on when I thought of it (I know - really lazy of me). She would go whenever I put her on. The best times are immediately after she wakes up from nap and bedtime. I would also put her on before meals. I have 3 other kids, so it was hard to stick to every 30 minutes. :D Anyway, shortly before 2 years she started telling me she needed to go and was always dry! She is 2 years old and is potty trained!!! Great job starting early!!!!!!!!!!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:35 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I just started putting panites on my DD (20 months) and taking her to the potty several times a day. When she pees in her panites I just tell her what it is and go put her on the potty. I also take her to the bathroom when I go...
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You shouldn't be. It's to early
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2010