Guilt for breastfeeding?

I have 3 kids, when I had my first, me and my ex husband were just starting out with no furniture, and 3,000 miles from friends and fam so I was not successful with bf. My second I did great but had to go back to work after 2m and worked at a place that was not accomidating. Now I am bf and have been for 4mo and feel guilty that I will be able to continue. Am I the only one that has felt guilty over bf one and not the others? Idk this is just driving me a little crazy, I love bf and am not going to stop over this but why do I have to feel this way. Im venting lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sure, but whats done is done...having guilt eat you up is a waste of your time and energy. Look at it another way...be thankful you got to do what you did with the other baby..every little bit counts, and enjoy the time with this one.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:05 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Don't stop. If you had other options during that time you would have continued. I had to stop bf after 3 months because I came done sick for two weeks. When off the prescriptions my daughter did not want to go back to bf. With my next child I will bf as long as I can at a decent age this time and not feel guilty because I finally have the right opportunity. Keep up the great work!

ljlM

Answer by ljlM at 2:08 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Guilt is awful isn't it? I used to dwell in it over stuff and it really stopped me. I can tell you don't want it to stop you. So you have acknowledge your regret in not having the support to bf the other kids. Now acknowledge that you do have the support, and celebrate that support by continuing to do what you think is best. I breastfed all 8 of mine! You go girl!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 3:38 PM on Oct. 29, 2008