Kids and concerts?

My son loves U2 and I just saw that the last date on the 360 tour was in Pittsburgh. I'm thinking about taking him, but I know that he is young. If it was any other band I wouldn't even consider it, but he loves U2. So would I be terrible if we went as a family? My son will be 9 years old by then.

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would take him. What a wonderful memory. I would not take another kid. I would want it to be a family thing. I think he will appreciate it.

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think if you're taking him (and maybe one of his friends or a cousin to go with??), that would be great. He'll remember that forever.

Answer by DMac08 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• who is U2??

Answer by armywife43 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Not at all! Go and have fun!!

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• How is he with crowds and extremely loud noise? We took our youngest with us to see Garth Brooks when he was 9. He loved his music...but the amount of people and the intensely loud noise really bothered him. Is it indoors or out? You know him better than anyone.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• rolling on floor @  armywife43

Answer by sahlady at 8:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• heck it will all be mid aged folks... go for it.

• I think I was 11 or 12 for my first concert (X-Fest, remember those?) I would say if he want's to go, take him... It'll be fun for both of you...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think it will be fine a long as you are okay with thier lyrics etc. Which since he loves them you should be so GO FOR IT.

Answer by hlbhembree at 12:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010