Earring Holes Closing?

I've never had the problem before...I've gone years without wearing earrings and once I decide to stick a pair in, they go in without problem. However, this last time, my left ear closed up almost all the way...after only 4 months.

Has your earring holes ever closed up and do you let it go, remake the hole yourself, or get it professionally re-pierced?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 8:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it's happened to me a couple of times when i was younger. it helps if you still have the sharp earrings they pierced your ears with in the first place....i just pushed that through and it was ok. i guess you could do that with a regular earring, but it might hurt more since they are not sharp on the end.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I still have the same holes I did when I was 7. I don't wear earrings that often either.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I got my ears pierced when I was 14 but haven't worn earrings since I was like 17 or 18. They kept getting infected no matter what I did.  But periodically I put some in to keep the holes open.  I'm 33 now and I've occasionally had trouble getting an earring in but they always go in eventually so I guess mine have sort of closed sometimes.  I used to use the pointy pair I got my ears pierced when that happened but I lost them years and years ago so I just use whatever pair I can find.

I was actually thinking of doing that earlier today.  I was playing with my earlobe and wondered when the last time I opened the holes and then couldn't remember where I put my earrings when we moved (I found them later).

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• remake it urself
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I gave up the fight - I let my pierced ears close up. I could never wear earrings without being majorily uncomfortable. I gave nearly all of my pierced earrings to my daughter.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 11:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I used peroxide and punched the holes again myself. I just kept on applying peroxide and I was fine. Good luck.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 11:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I just stick an earring thru, sometimes the backs of mine close up. I don't wear earrings much at all anymore, I have had my ears pierced since i was 6 months old
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010