When will my 3 yr old learn to be embarrsed? adult content

Today we went to wal-mart and my daughter (3yrs) kept shouting throughout the store "Mommy I gotta poop" So finally I took her (when she has to go poop she always makes me stand right outside the stall) She was in there doing her thing and a few people walked in and I told her "baby are you done yet" she answered grunting "No mommy almost" The other ladies thought it was the funniest thing and made some comments (not bad) anyway when my daughter noticed she had a audiance she started grunting and grunting! I just started giggleing and turning beat red! Anyway when will she feel embarresed to go poop in a public bathroom? I only asked this because i know pretty much everyone is and tries to be as quite as possible when they are doing that! or is that just me?

MommyofHDPnPCP

Asked by MommyofHDPnPCP at 8:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LMAO! Sorry, but that is FUNNY!

I would guess around kindergarten maybe as late as second grade. Kids don't know it is embarrassing until we tell them it is. I would just laugh and write about it in her baby book.

Now today I was in Target and needed the bathroom. I went in the stall the same time as an older entered the one next to mine. She sat down and exclaimed..."OMG" and then proceeded to grunt and groan. I definitely had a hard time looking her in the eye when she came out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• maybe she will never be........ and one day could win an academy award

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:59 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Awww its funny. haha. She's just showing off, she'll get over it eventually, until then think of it as blackmail for when she's a teenager
    MamaFen

Answer by MamaFen at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• She might never be.
    You have to teach her to be quiet and to respect other people in the bathroom.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My second grader doesn't get embarrassed yet.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have no idea. I know my 4 year old isn't yet embarrassed by it at all.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my son(3yr) thinks its funny to be loud in the bathroom, rather home or public. I get embarrassed so i make my husband take him if possible
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• There kids, and they think its funny, they are fine,
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:42 AM on Oct. 24, 2010