what do you think about white christmas trees? beautiful or gaudy?

i recently got a 7' white tree with clear lights on it. i think it is so beautiful, but my sister thinks white trees are the gaudiest things on the face of the earth lol. i got it for the family room because that is where i put the kids' tree (this is an upgrade from their little table top tree lol) and i thought all of their colorful garland, etc. would look so great on it. i have a regular green tree with white lights in the morning room that is where you can see it from outside and that is the one with the glass balls, etc. aka the 'grown-up' tree lol. so i need some more opinions before i decide if i'm just in denial about being gaudy or if white trees really are beautiful lol. either way i'm keeping it!!!

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• I have one myself, I also have 2 green ones that also go up. I don't use all clear lights I will put
    multi colored ones on to me that is prettier...
    The only problem with white ones is that they tend to turn colors
    after a few yrs and there is no way to regain the white...
    Mine recently has done this after only owning it for 3 yrs, so we will
    be purchasing another white or possible one of those 60's aluminum one with
    the light that goes under it and rotates colors... ( I am really really begging dh for one of those ... ;)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If they are decorated right..they can be beautiful.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 9:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I don't really like them, but its ok if you do!!!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love mine!! I have had it for 4 years. I change the color scheme every year. We did purple and pink ornaments last year. One year we did red and gold and silver, one year we did gingerbread and ribbons, and one year we did blue and silver. This year I'm gonna get a green tree just for a change. But I get more compliments on my tree every year.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I think they're cool!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It depends on how you decorate it. I'd go for a silly kid tree. Let them make the decorations

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i love them....but i know my opinion is not shared with anyone in my family which is why we have a traditional green one....sigh.....lol
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 9:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I love the look of white trees. I don't have one because we prefer live trees, but I think they can be done quite beautifully even as a fun kids tree.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sorry, but mine is absolutely beautiful. It also has clear lights on it. Last year I decorated using silver and gold on it. This year, I am thinking about red.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• love mine! its our pretty designer tree as my hubby likes to call it! i go all out with ribbon and fancy ornaments that all match, i love it! our family tree is normal tho!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010