army wives has any been through a deployment with a baby?

im about to and im really scared

mama2jaybub

Asked by mama2jaybub at 9:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you close to family?

Answer by louise2 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I found out I was pregnant a few days after my husband deployed. I had our son 8 months into the deployment and my husband didn't get to see his son until he was 4 1/2 months old. It was really hard at first but I surrounded myself with family and friends and they helped me through it. I also tried to keep busy as much as possible. If you ever need some one to talk too, you can pm me.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I had one toddler and I was pregnant when my DH went on a year-long remote tour to Thailand. I stayed with my parents for a few months but then I found my own apartment because having me and babies at their home was too tough on my parents. My DH came home on leave for 10 days and we moved us into the apartment. So--I had two kids under the age of 17 months and I was by myself. But we got through it just fine. I was too busy taking care of babies to worry or get too lonesome. You can do it. You would be surprised how strong you are when you have to be.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we have already went through a deployment 13 months long and we did great but with a baby? im really dreading that i have a lot of guy friends and i dont want him growing up thinking he has 100 daddies hahahahaha
    mama2jaybub

Comment by mama2jaybub (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• not me but im sure some have on here ill bump x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• twice now, the first time i had a baby a month and a half in (i already had a 13month old) and my hubby didnt meet the new baby till she was 6month, this time my hubby left when our youngest was 1month. i have just tried to stay real busy. we skype at least once a week with the kids, so all 4 of my girls know who daddy is, even the baby. right after he left he made a dvd of himself reading a book and sent it to the girls, my toddler would watch it for hours. its not fun having them deployed, but you survive.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010