for moms of more than one kid......

at what point do you stop giving them a bath together? i have let my 5yo take his own shower at the same time as the other two kids, so he can wash himself while i'm doing the other two kids in the bathtub. i guess i felt that he's in school now and he should be doing things more independantly. i have a 2 1/2 yo boy and a 1yo girl that i bathe together too. what age is good to stop washing them together? idk if this question sounds dumb lol, but i am just stuck in our routine i guess and i'm not sure at what point it starts to get wierd. i had to really force my 5yo to stop taking a bath with them because they like to play in there lol.

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well i have two kids a 3yr old girl and a 1 yr old boy and they take baths together! BUT when I was younger me and my bro took baths together until we were about 5 or 6 we always would play x-men in the tub!! I think the boys would be fine togther since they have the same thing but when they start noticeing that their sis is diffrent then them then you should seperate!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 9:26 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a boy and a girl and stopped bathing them together once he turned 5. He is now 7 and she is 5 1/2
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 9:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have three girls that are 5 almost 6, 4 and 2 almost 3. I have not thought of separating them yet. I just figure it saves time and money. I am guessing that they will still bathe together for a couple of years but we will see.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• When they say they no longer want to bathe together.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• 3- ish
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My boys are 3 (4 in Nov) and 2 (3 in Dec) and my daughter is 1. I bath all three together except my 3 year old once in awhile will ask to have his own bath so I let him.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have a 4 yr old boy, a 2-1/2 yr old girl and a 17 mo. old girl and I bathe them together sometimes and in combonations of 2 or individually just depending on what is going on and everyones mood. However, in my opinion I don't think that it matters until they start wanting their privacy.
    hlbhembree

Answer by hlbhembree at 12:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i think now would be a good time to stop and also changing diapers in front of the other kids ..
    kimmi85035

Answer by kimmi85035 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• once they start kindergarten we have them stop bathing together
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Eh, I don't see the big deal until he wants to stop. He's already seen enough of the others to realize the similarities and difference, so I'm not sure what would be accomplished by stopping now. Eventually he'll decide that he wants more privacy, and you should give it to him then, but for now I'd do whatever's easiest.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2010