If you have a boy is he circumcised or not?? And why??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 9:33 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• my son is not- we would have had it done- but we didn't have the 100 bucks to pay for it : / (and no one to borrow from either)...
    he has never had any issues with it and if he wants it done he still can at some piont...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My son is. After much research I was on the fence. But after being advised by a family member and a friend who were not circumcised that it would be best I decided to do it. Their stories convinced me the pros out weighed the cons.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 10:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My son is intact. I felt it is something he should decide on since it is his body. If he wants it done later, then at least he is consenting to it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Yes, both of my boys are... I did the research, I talked to men on both sides of the subject and found the best choice medically was to have it done as early as possible rather than making them wait til they are grown and have issues...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my youngest is NOT circumcized. i did a lot more research after my middle son's circumcision went very wrong and he ended up with a staff infection and in the pediatric unit for weeks. after that and with the stuff i learned i decided a cosmetic surgery was not something i wanted to do for my youngest.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 9:38 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I have two boys, ages 9 and 3 months, and both are circumsized.  I really didn't care either way and left it up to my husband.  I don't know what his reasoning was.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:40 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes , my son is circumcized , because i believe its less chance of infections , and less embarrasing in the locker room.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yes, but he is adopted..so we didnt decide
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Im pregnant with my first boy, who will not be circumcised. I don't feel the need to cut off a piece of my already perfect baby.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My boys are circumsized and it was because we thought it would be easier on both them and us. They are now 15 and 10.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 10:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010