First Time Mom

I am a first time mom to be and I am scared that when she comes I will not be a good mother but my hubby reasures me all the time I have had some neg thoughts about being prego and asked him if he has and he said no he looks at dads and there newborns and thinks ( Damn thats going to be me soon and he is super excited) I was just wondering if thoughts of negitivity are normal during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Being scared or confused or overly concerned is completely normal hun. You are about to embark on the biggest journey of your life and it's ok to be apprehensive. You will do great I promise. I do not think there is anyone among who felt "prepared" for the first baby. It's a learning process. The best way to feel prepared is to arm yourself. Take a parenting class, read anythng you can get your hands on, spend time with outher peoples babies, ask questions, changea diaper, and get as much of the basics together as you can. This is a wonderful experience and it's totally normal to be a little nervous.(and don't let your SO fool you, he's probably a little scared and nervous too)
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• yes its very normal. it might come and go but once you see ur baby it will all go away.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Being a mom is a huge responsibility and it is normal to have doubts. Just remember the billions that have gone before you! Take it a day at a time and if you need help - ask for it. Parenting is not easy, but it's so worth it. I hope you fall in love with your daughter the minute you see her - I did! That was 17 years ago and I can't believe I love her more all the time :)
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 2:13 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• neg. thoughts are TOTALLY normal! i was that way the entire time i was pregnant. those thoughts get worse if its not a planned pregnancy. alot of it is the hormones and its scary knowing that a little perso will depend entirly on you, but once the baby is there you just kind of know what to do and those feelings go away for the most part. i was very non-maternal the whole time i was pregnant. my bonding really didnt start until i brought him home. hope that helps :)
    ilovephoenix123

Answer by ilovephoenix123 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I feel the same way, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm due in March and scared to death.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 4:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I think it is a mother's worst fear. I am also a first time mom and didn't think I wasn't ready until I had a recent falling out with a friend who told me "I don't think you're ready to be a parent." She was lashing out at me over something else entirely and I know she said it because she knew it would be the worst thing she could say, but it has made me paranoid! We can only be so prepared, this being our first kid, but I know that common sense and love will help out a lot.
    Anonymous