Please tell me this is not only my child!!

My son just turned a year old last month. He was such a nice, calm, quiet baby for the most part, until he turned 1! I swear he became EVIL!! He just started walking, and he's starting to grab stuff off the kids table that we have in our living room. Usually I'm sitting here, so I can catch him, but if I ask for something, he'll hand it to me then SCREAM at me and get a little attitude!! Are we getting into Terrible 2's at age 1?! Please tell me some way of keeping my sanity!!

bethanysmom1007

Asked by bethanysmom1007 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• lol he is just learning to test his boundaries, to see how far he can push. He's still a baby, he is just learning!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LOL My sons hair was long so we cut it and it was like we cut the sweetness of! He is going to be a yr old wednesday and your not alone in this! My sons doc said that they can start their terrible twos at 6 months!!! WHAT FUN HUH!!! LOL Does yours throw stuff at you when you ask for it? mine does!!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• LOL. When they start walking they get into every thing. That is when the terrible toddlers stage startes. Have fun and just breath.

Answer by louise2 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Sounds like yours hit the 'terrible two's' a bit early too. Mine's a terror too (since 12 months!). She hits, bites, pinches, scratches, kicks, throws stuff, thinks everything is 'hers'. Not to mention the screaming and crying when she doesn't get her way. It's been going on for 4 months so I'm hoping she'll grow out of it soon!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• does he have all his teeth yet bc my sisters daughter is turning 1 in about 2 weeks and her molars are coming in and my god she turns into a completely different person. I use to think teething gives off just the fever, sickness and crying effect however that is not the case depending on the childs tolerance level.
    Vanessathomas

Answer by Vanessathomas at 10:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Mommy - He hasn't started throwing things, THANK GOD!!!

Our problem is we don't have a lot of places to put stuff being in such a small house, so he gets into EVERYTHING!! And screaming at everything. I have anxiety problems, and if he gets into a screaming fit it puts me over the edge!

I don't think they should call it Terrible Two's. I like your idea Louise, "Terrible Toddlers"!!
    bethanysmom1007

Comment by bethanysmom1007 (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• yeah terrible 1's , 2 and 3's.be patient.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• you are definitely not alone
    try to find some humor at times
    try to set limits
    and IF you say NO, stick to the no, even if later you want to say yes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i have a son too that is now in his terrible two's . lord help us! i wonder sometimes who this kid is. lol
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My son hit the terrible twos around age one too. I was surprised that he would throw tantrums so young. It improved a little bit for a while, but now that he is almost 2 1/2, it has gotten pretty bad. He really tests his limits and does things even after he's been told not to and has been put in time outs. It's worse if he's tired or hungry, but anything unexpected or frustrating can set him off. Then minutes later, he can turn around and be really sweet too. It's like living with a little crazy person sometimes. LOL His screaming really stresses me out sometimes too, and I think he knows it. I've tried to be more calm and consistent about discipline, but we all have bad days. I agree with the previous post about the molars possibly being a factor too. I felt so sorry for him when his first molars were coming in, and I think some of his back molars are coming in now.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010