Ladies, Can you answer this?

My God father is gay and has so me episodes of something like a "psycho fit" but doesn't take it out of everyone by trying to hurt them but he just says off the wall things, (keep that in mind) and since my husband's parents stay in Hawaii and my parents won't take all of us in(they want to take me and my son in, but leave my husband on the streets to fend for his own) just because they don't like him and I don't know why. We were staying in a 2 bedroom apartment house and we recently lost our jobs due to hurricane Gustav and we moved at the beginning of October and been with my Godfather ever since. Do you think that this will have a effect on my Son just because my Pawran is like that? I mean I monitor my son's every movement around him. what do you think, Ladies?

GeralynTaylon1

Asked by GeralynTaylon1 at 2:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't think it should affect him. It may be good for him to see that people are different and that you are tolerant of that fact. I am sorry for your tough situation. Is there any goverment relief programs for hurricane victims that might be able to help you and your family?
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• It's probably fine if all he does is say off the wall stuff.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:20 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I don't think so. How old is your son? If he's old enough and you think he'll be able to understand, I would explain to him the meaning of "gay" and that some people are different and like different types of people. I think he'll be fine.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Your godparent has a heart doesn't he?And hopefully thats what your son will see. As long as you and your son are treated good, does anything else really matter. They are there when you need them.Gay people just have a different lifestyle than you, it shouldn't affect how your sons sees them.Don't you wish all people were like that.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008