how can I stop binging on food?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• don;t have anything tempting around...I also believe it is a mindset as well
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Chug water. Seriously it's the only thing that curbs my appetite, which gets bad in the night (and is the worst time to eat). You'll be peeing like crazy but it does help.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you binge, then more than likely it's more emotional than anything so therefore I would suggest seeking therapy (I'm not saying this in a mean way)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Believe it or not, telll yourself you can have a little of whatever it is you want. . Also, are you eating because you're bored? Drink a glass of water. Take a walk. Call a friend. Work on a craft so that your hands are busy. If you'r'e still hungry five minutes or ten minutes into the wait, go ahead and have a bite or two. At the table. Only eat there. Good luck, hon!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• If you are talking about not being able to stop eating when you stop, I would suggest counseling to get the bottom of why you are binge eating. It could be psychological and telling yourself to have only a few bites or drinkng a glass of water isn't going to work.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Dont have alot of anything in the house, drink water, have sugar-free candies, go for a walk, do whatever you can to get your mind off of it; set limits for yourself with consequences for not following thru; keep a journal about how you are feeling, what thoughts you are having when the urge to binge strikes. Good luck.
    Rosemirrors

Answer by Rosemirrors at 4:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Binge on food that is good for you, if you try to cut out sweets you will find you crave healthier stuff. I binge on veggies and fruit.

I also found something natural that curbs my appetite a ton, pm me if you want info on it.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 10:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Stop buying the food you typically binge on. Buy only what is necessary for breakfast (cereal, oatmeal), lunch (peanut butter, turkey, provolone cheese), and dinner.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I realized that I will have the opportunity to eat whatever, whenever, over the course of my life. It's just food...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 11:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2010