First time Mommy

I am about 16 weeks and I do not feel pregnant... Is that bad or is it ok and I'll eventually start to feel something soon??? I had no morning sickness, no cramping, nothing I do however get really bad heart burn/ acid reflex so thats pretty new to me however that really it. Also about how far along were you when you found out the sex of the baby??

Vanessathomas

Asked by Vanessathomas at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations ! I think it's fairly normal what you're going through. Each pregnancy is different. With my first one I never had an ultrasound to find out but I just knew he was a boy. With my second, I had the ultrasound but they couldn't tell for sure. I kinda knew with him too though, although I kept rooting for a girl, lol! But I'm happy with him. I wouldnt trade him for anything. I can't remember when they do sonograms for sex id, sorry. Good luck hon.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• congrats grl. its normal for some women not to feel pregnant. u find out the sex of the baby usually around 20-24 weeks. so ur about a month or so out. just enjoy not having all the pregnancy symptoms.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• You need to be 20wks to find out the gender of the baby. I definitely felt pregnant at 16wks but then again I was throwing up once a week from 14-17wks. I first felt my LO move at 18wks.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol thats what everyone keeps telling me. Its just my husband wants to constantly be updated ( He is currently in Afghan.) and when I tell him I'm fine and the baby is fine he's happy but then he starts asking me all these questions about how I'm feeling and I tell him I dont feel pregnant. My biggest concern wether he admits to it or not is if he compares my pregnancy with his ex-girlfriend and their baby. He's not one to compare or get jealous or anything like that.... but I guess its hard for me to cope with the fact that its my first and not his and if he compares us two pregnancy wise. And I'll ask him questions that concerns the pregnancy bc he is really good with this stuff and read all the books from his previous and he tells me the same thing that I'll feel it eventually and to enjoy this time now but then my conscious really gets to me
    Vanessathomas

Comment by Vanessathomas (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i felt the same way at 16 weeks! its normal...one day soon you will wake up and feel very very pregnant....and i know thats hard to believe but it really happens that fast...try lying down on your back with your hands on your belly and just feel yourself....get familiarized with your body....that way when you and the baby grow again over the next couple of days you will feel it and know everything is healthy and ok..........it would bother me too if it wasnt my hubbys first, thats understandable but i think ultimately you just need to get more in tune with your body....GL!! and congrats!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never really had much in the way of pregnancy symptoms with my first, until I started feeling movement and getting bigger and then eating like a pig. I was really tired at first, but I didn't feel pregnant, didn't even know it was a pregnancy symptom, until I'd already found out I was. It will happen, like everyone else said. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• i found out the sex at 15weeks but i paid for a 3d ultrasound back then. but the anatomy ultrasound i went to was about 20weeks. it was the best thing in the world i knew she was a girl from day one though. she was amazing. i had bad morning sickness for the first trimester so at 16 weeks i was pretty happy that i had no morning sickness. enjoy it. its weird the time between the finding out your pregnant and feeling the movement. but i loved feeling her. she would tickle me when i laid on my side. that is what i called it. tickeed from the inside. i would talk to my belly all the time. its normal. the second trimester is the best trimester.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was 19 weeks when they was for sure she was a girl
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• they can usually tell the sex of the baby at about 20 weeks if your baby wants to cooperate... both of mine didnt want me to know until i was like 28 weeks my first was a boy and my lil girl will be here tuesday via scheduled c section... congrats and good luck
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 2:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2010