ok ladies im loosin my mind!

my son continuse to poop his pants. my dr told me to todaY THAT He is old enought to start the punishing/rewarding phase with him going to the potty. idk what to do! i tried to get him to go today than two hours later he pooped his pants.. HELP ME LADIES! IM LOOSING MY MIND!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• BREATHE!!! lol, it akes time. i am having the same issue w/ my second dd. but any time she has sucess, i make a huge deal about it. the biggest thing is to watch for signs for now. does he squat in the corner for a few mins. does he stop playing? does he refuse to go at some point? my dd does all these things. and if i listen to the signs and put her on the pot, she does good. if not, then i am changing a pull-up
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 10:00 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• same here my 4 yr. old just wont go #1 or #2 in toilet , dr.s tell me he will when hes ready , i keep working with him and getting no where.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• M&M's worked wonders for us. I promised them to DD for when she would go potty...and when she did, I made such a HUGE deal out of it. Just keep at it...he'll get it
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• how old is he?
    coolchic320

Answer by coolchic320 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we had to punish / reward with my son. The first thing I did was got rid of the potty chair and started using a seat that went on the regular potty (my son liked to hear the plop). Then I got a jar and a bunch of polished rocks (he loves rocks). Finally I took away his cartoon and made him earn them back by earning a rock each time he told me he had to potty (it took about a week to fill the jar). we still have accidents now and then but only 1 a week or so.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• make him sit in it for a while. my son hated being dirty,or the squishy feeling. Good luck with it because they do it on their own time.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• hes 3 1/2.. i try puytting him on the potty and he always pushes and says "mommy its not working" of course i hold my laugh back beacause its too cute but i have t be stern and im like going nuts.. he only dose it when hes alone and watching cartoons or in bed. idk what else to do. i took away his cartoons because last night he pooped his pants four times.. i wantd to cry!
    newmomie07

Answer by newmomie07 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• oh i forgot to inform all you guys today was a success with him pooping in the potty this morning. and i think i found a good way to do it! THANK YOU !
    newmomie07

Answer by newmomie07 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yeah, Newmomie!!! make sure you give him lots and lots of praise for going in the potty. Make up a song or a potty dance, ham it up.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You have to get him to sit on the potty and sit on the toilet and read a book out loud to him, sing songs. Make a huge deal when he goes. My daughter used to like bursting out with screaming and laughter, YEAH!!!!! WOOWHOOO! YEE HA!!!!!! Be consistant . Good luck.
    emilysmom1966

Answer by emilysmom1966 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2010