AHHH!

This isn't so much a question but more of a vent. Let me start this off by saying I love my son with all my heart! He is my whole world and we have so much fun together. But people say the terrible twos? How about the terrible 8 months! lol He just learned how to stand and now enjoys pulling himself onto the tv stand and banging the tv and trying to open the cupboards and getting into the dvds and entertainment center. I keep saying we need to invest in a little play yard but they are so darn expensive! So needless to say, I have been chasing him around non stop from 8 o clock this morning until now. I know babies are a handful but this is LITERALLY all I have been doing. He is too little to understand "no." Please just give me a little piece of mind. I am slightly going crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• o boy, we had an 'incident' today with my 13 month old and the entertainment center....dvd's, cd's all over the place in the matter of minitues. it was not pretty lol....mommy had to give herself a time out before cleanup could happen lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• why don't you get one on craigslist they're cheap just make sure you sanitize it.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 10:01 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Take him outside to play they need at least 20 minutes of outside time a day, this also gives you some fresh air. Make sure you are getting some time to yourself. Maybe join a playgroup, but as they say this soon too may pass, just be patient.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we have a "make-it-yourself" baby gate in fornt of his bedroom door and it keeps him in there safe with all his toys! It works when he gets a lil outta control in the other parts of the house we put him in there!! Perfect for a break from him! Just get a board and nail it to the wall!! or buy a baby gate those arent that expensive!!
    MommyofHDPnPCP

Answer by MommyofHDPnPCP at 10:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I never had the dvd problem because DS hasnt figured out how the entertainment center works yet lol...but oh yeah i remember all of that.....I wish I could say that it wont last long....but it does...look at the bright side though....you got a good work out today!! =) cheer up mommy and have a glass of wine and a bubble bath!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• so when will he be old enough to understand the word 'no'? what about a walker or exersacer? is he too big for that?
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my 8 month old loves her exersaucer and jumperoo. she also loves tormenting my 3 year old by pulling over his lego table, standing up wherever he is, crawling as fast as she can to the cat-food dishes... ALL DAY LONG!! it is a busy time. wait until you get to the 2's... it gets crazier:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:41 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• It may be worth investing in the play yard but you can also consider making the investment in changing the layout or design of your home. You can try a different entertainment center that he cannot access so easily and so on. The exersaucer is great if he likes it, it should entertain him. you may want to try and spend more time in the nursery if he has enough in there to entertain him but be sure to go on strolls outside or a ride in the car to give yourself a break from the house and more for him to see and enjoy. GL
    Keely625

Answer by Keely625 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 23, 2010