help, self control ??

ok, dh and i made some yummy cookies earlier this week. and everytime i walk by the kitchen, i grab one... at this rate, i am gonna gain back all the weight i have lost in the last few weeks. what do u do to avoid temptation? or practice selfcontrol

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 10:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Your excuse about the kids doesn't hold water, If you eat them they can't have them either...hum...think about that, maybe it will help you not eat it if you remember that if you eat one, that's one less for your kids!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Put them in a freezer friendly container, and bury them at the back, it's harder to eat a frozen cookie, when it is as hard as hockey puck.
    BirthMomof2

Answer by BirthMomof2 at 10:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I make them "reward cookies" lol... so for every set of 3 flights of stairs I run up, for example I would allow myself one cookie. If I worked out, I would allow myself dessert that night... If I cleaned house (active cleaning, like vacuuming and carpets etc) that would earn a cookie. Lol you'll find yourself being VEry productive just to earn that next cookie! :)
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 10:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• for me, it's out of sight, out of mind!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I make my husband hide the stuff. That way I'm not as tempted.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:25 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Send them to work with your husband, give them to a friend or an enemy, take them to a friend.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• dont make cookies :)
    PreemieMom.2009

Answer by PreemieMom.2009 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• before going into the kitchen stick a piece of gum in your mouth or go gargle really quik with mouthwash
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well....since you grab one every time you go into the kitchen, you can maybe limit the number of times you go into the kitchen. Seriously though, I don't do a good job at all with it myself
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol, my dh was supposed to take them to work the last few days, but forgets them. now only 3 remain! lol. i would avoid the kitchen, but i have to walk thru it to get to my bedroom (ick). and the only problem with freezing them is my kids cant have ne that way. lol. ne more advice???
    Phippsandrea

Comment by Phippsandrea (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010