Meanie at preschool-how would you handle it?

I have been friends with a woman whom I have drastically cut down contact with because one of her kids was intentionally mean to my kids and is sly is doing it. During the few playdates we have had had, I watch her like a hawk and she looks to see if anyone is watching her before she wants to do something naughty. She will be going to preschool with my kids this fall and I don't know if I should talk to the teacher about my concerns of her past and hurting my kids or just let things go to see how everyone gets along in preschool? My kids went to preschool last year at age 3 so I know the teacher. What would you do?

tripsmom1

Asked by tripsmom1 at 7:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would mention the past behavior the second my kiddo comes home with a bad report. I would wait to see because some kids will act totally different in a school setting (trust me! I teach 1st grade). I would also have a talk with my child and tell them if the child is being mean, to play somewhere else, or if they are hurting them to get a teacher right away. Prevention will help!
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 7:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I totally would give this teacher a word to the wise. You are your childrens best advocate...if anything could hurt them ..speak up. The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior...she will bully them again..if she thinks that she can get away with it. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 7:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• I would give the kid a chance. Maybe, just maybe she will have matured. If you go in with negatives, although rightly so, you may set yourself up for more harm than good. If you do notice something, or have a bad report like MommasCooCoo said, then I'd give out the past information. Sometimes children surprise us and handle things on their own in wise ways.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• wait until the child does something and then have your child tell the teacher adn then you speak with the teacher too. its important to no go in and prejudice the teacher to this child since it could come back and bite you in the butt but at the same time, you do want to keep an eye on the situation.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2008