5 1/2 month does not eat well!!

My son for the past 2 months has pretty much lost interest in eating his formula...He has ALWAYS been a difficult baby to feed since he was born but recently he has only been eating 15-18 oz a day. In a month in a half he only gained 3 ounces!!! I don't know if this is normal for some babies or if there is a problem...were going back to the doctor in 2 weeks to see if he has gained any weight..I'm scared there is something internally wrong...
Has any of you ladies been through this and what did you do???
(ohhh I know he likes the formula so I don't think he needs to change it.......again!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could he be teething? I know that when both my girls were teething they refused to eat and would even cry at times when they put the bottle in thier mouth. I would try teething tablets since he is still under 6 months. They are natural and they can be used at any age and they work wonders.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 2:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Are you feeding him off your plate.Is he eating jar food table food etc.Do you give him drinks from your cup,If so his taste buds are changing an lets face it once you taste the good stuff you dont formula.If not then there is a problem.Once you let them start eating other things they dont drink as much formula
    fearful5

Answer by fearful5 at 3:09 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Same with my daughter!!!! She was drinking Enfamil w/ lipil and not gaining weight. Then the doctor put her on similac Neo sure. then she wouldn't touch it no matter what. I gave her some baby food to try to make up for not drinking the formula. But I didn't give her enough to replace all the formula. She is now 10 months old and weighs in at 14.4 pounds. I kept telling the Dr my daughter didn't like her formula and won't drink it. She didn't listen. So now I have completely gone against the dr's orders, changed my daughter back to Lipil, and now she gets at least 5 jars of baby food a day and I add baby cereal to all of it including her formula. Now she has finally started gaining her weight back and growing longer. So you might think about changing her formula. :)
    JessicaRangel

Answer by JessicaRangel at 12:02 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• The doctor has madison listed under failure to thrive because she has only gained 6 ounces in 4 months. She wanted us to go see a Gastro dr. at Rileys hospital, but I don't think that appointment will be needed any longer. So hang in there! We have started feeding her more table food too.
    JessicaRangel