pregnant women and haunted houses...

im a big fan of halloween and i want o go to a haunted house this yr and im 11 weeks pregnant and on the websites for the haunted house dont recommend pregnant women to attend. What do you think and did any of you attend haunted houses while pregnant? i can see the issue of ppl getting freaked out and run into you, hit or push you in the dark i understand that, plus my hubby wont let me go, just wanting your opinion on it.

Snavarro08

Asked by Snavarro08 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They are afraid you are going to either go into labor or get scared and have something happen. It's a liability thing.
    Are you going to sue them if something happens to you?

If not , go and enjoy the Haunted House!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 10:48 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• omg, i only went to one haunted house, and i am glad i was not pregnant because i was really scared and panicing and i'm sure it would have given me some contractions. i would just skip it, but then again i'm a fraidy cat :p
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I was around the same weeks pregnant as you and I went to Haunted Houses, I covered my mouth because of the foggy smoke, but other than that I was fine.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 10:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• never heard of that!
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 10:49 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• hey honey t go. even if u r useto them, there could be something that either really shocks you, makes you slip and FALL down, or someone COULD elbow you or a prop could poke you. in THIS instance your husband is right., darn i couldnt go ice skating or skiing last year. i has my seven month old in this last march... you will get to do ALL your fave things when she or he is out... be patient and ENJOY the fact you can rest--even tho it feels weird. dance, walk, even run a little, but dont fall. once i tried to play ball with my boys, and i lost balance tryign to catch a ball, and i fell on my heinie!! well i didnt do anything else liek that anymore--you are also topheavy--so even if it was a tame haunted house you might lose balance, HUGS to you dont worry you arent missing much if you knwo already -- watch a scary movie or rent a lot of them, go trick or treating -- i did! that was fun i was red riding hood husb was WOLF
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:51 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my hubby is the scardy cat lol, no i wont sue them, and it usualy takes alot to really scare me
    Snavarro08

Comment by Snavarro08 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would skip it. It's dark, you could trip and fall and hurt yourself, someone could bump into you. Why take the risk? There will be plenty more Halloweens after this one.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• That's the first I've heard of pregnant women shouldn't go to a haunted house. I guess that one might have people running or something
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I wanted to go into a fun house at a carnival while I was pregnant but was told I couldn't go. They said the blinking lights and things that pop out could scare the baby out of me...pretty much. But it also makes sense that it is dark and falling or people running into you could happen.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:42 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• You're pregnant, not an invalid.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:20 AM on Oct. 23, 2010