Sleeping On Stomach

My son is 6 months old and everytime I put him to bed he rolls on his stomach. Should I be letting him sleep like this or sould I buy one of the sleep positioners?

Corbynsmama12

Asked by Corbynsmama12 at 2:12 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter is almost 6 months old and does the same thing so i just let her sleep on her tummy i just make sure that nothing is around so she can get her face caught in that would hurt the baby. but if thats where he feels more comfy let him do it it really does not hurt n-e-thing
    Babysmamahere

Answer by Babysmamahere at 2:27 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my son is 10 1/2 months old and he sleeps on his tummy and he has been doing that since he was 5 months old.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My DD is also 6 mo. she has been sleeping on her stomach since 1 month, the pediatrician basically said if she can roll over and lift her head then the risk is minimal and that I should let her sleep the way that she is comfortable.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:47 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• my son is 4 months old and has been sleepin on his somach since i brought him home from the hospital and he is just fine!!! so if thats the way you LO is comfortable then just let her just make sure your crib is all up on safety and all that! dont let anyone tell u different you know ur baby more than anyone else so if thats the way she sleeps then just let her be! :-}}
    babi_momma71008

Answer by babi_momma71008 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• He's fine. Doc said as long as they can roll, they can belly sleep. NO blankets, pillow, or bumper. I'd say no toys as well, but my babe sleeps with a small stuffed monkey rattle. It's her current "woobie".
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:51 PM on Oct. 29, 2008