Restless Babie - Any Advice?

I asked almost this same question the other day but I just feel something might be wrong. My 4 month will not sleep. I was able to nurse her to sleep but lately that has even been failing. I thought she may be starting to teeth so I gave her a teething tablet but nothing. I took her in the stroller multiple times, I put her in the swing in every direction possible, I swaddled her and did the normal rocking, jogging in place, walking fast paced, I have laid her down on her tummy, on her back and on my tummy but nothing. I am lost for words. I have never heard of such a thing but my little girl needs sleep, she needs her naps and I need GREAT, GREAT advice! Please help

Keely625

Asked by Keely625 at 10:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hi! please give her four teething tablets... hylands the kind that dissolve under tongue. get a fleece blanket, fold it in two and lay in a BOUNCY seat! my newborn ONLY fell asleep in that! it is liek a little pod-- she is in there NOW sleeping in it and she is eight months old and will aslo sleep in a crib after falling asleep in bouncy seat. ALSO i ALWAYS play enya when it is bedtie and leave it on until the cd runs out on the player... do this. also should give her a warm bath every evening, even wipe her down with a washcloth. ALSO crucial is USE go to cvs: Aveeno LAVENDER lotion!!! i used this on my son AND her and it calms them and tells them it is sleepy time. also sing the lullaby song to her and then leave her in bouncy seat. MINE used to do this at that age but THEN by SIX months it alllll fell into place and she began sleepign thru night more.... if she brest feeds will be up ev 2 hrs, bottle feed is less often,
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 10:58 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• white noise
    running the vaccuum cleaner
    a fan
    any noise that is continuos

(i can not spell tonight-lol)

good luck tired mommy
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:57 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• "Restless Babie - Any Advice?" Get used to it!

In our family it's genetic. My mother had never slept more than 4 hours at a time - that's 4 hours in every 24. My nephew is the same way, as is my youngest daughter and several of my cousins kids do the same.

You'll probably be lucky and it will stop in a few months, but in our case it's a way of life. However, you're a mom now, you're never going to sleep again.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• lol- She is 4 months and you are treating her like 4 weeks. I have deemed this new mom syndrome. She isn't getting all her energy out. She needs toys that she can work on her senses with- feel and sound are big right now. Also, start with longer or more tummy time sessions. If you like to read to her, prop your LO in your lap so she can see the colors in the book. GL!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 11:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Put her in a sling or wrap and just go do what you do. We have restless periods where I'm thinking we will all die if she does not sleep. It's the awake apocalypse!

I stick DD on my back in the Ergo carrier and then do what I have to do. She eventually goes out.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010