What discipline would you use if your 6yr old child threw a metal toy car at your face?

He threw the car because he didn't want to sit in time out, and didn't want to go to his room.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:02 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would have beat his butt.
    Anonymous

• wow. i would def have to cool myself down first and not go with my first reaction!!!! That may call for something drastic like a spanking or taking something very important away for a day or so.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I'd' have spanked him for sure, and he'd have lost that toy for awhile.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well...he would be in time out anyway whether he liked it or not. Then I would give him an extra chore to do. then I would take away toys and he would have to apologize to me.... twice. Once for whatever he did to get in timeout the first time and then for throwing something at me. He would only get toys back when he was on his best behavior!! OR something like that
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:04 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Oh yeah and he probably would've gotten a spanking and grounded!!! Then his daddy would have to talk to him! I would make it pretty hard on him for a while!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:05 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would have whooped his little bottom. And when he quit crying, we would have sat and talked about why it happened, why it was wrong, and what would happen if he pulled something like that again.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Thank you ladies.

He's had enough corporal punishment in his little life to last him until he's old, so i am not doing that any more.
    However, i did take away all his toys and he is grounded to his room for 2 days. ...I just kinda started feeling bad, thinking that maybe i was being to hard on him. But apparently that is not the case. lol.
    outstandingLove

Comment by outstandingLove (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Take the toy away for a time. I don't hit kids for any reason.
    Anonymous

• Well, he'd still have gone to time out for the original offense. He'd have lost that - and any other - cars for a LONG time. He'd have written sentences - something along the lines of "I will make better choices. I will not throw things when I am angry." (at least 20 or so times). And he'd have gone to bed early.
    No, you absolutely were not too hard on him.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:30 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• That toy would be gone. He'd get a spanking and the stink eye for a few days.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010