Did you switch from Similac to another brand?

Our daughter is 6 weeks old and has been on Similac Advance since she was born. Since the recall, we have put her on ready to feed....BUT it is becoming impossible to find it. I'm having to go from store to store to find the ready to feed. I've thought about switiching formulas to the store brand parentchoice..I guess I am wondering how many of you switched from similac advance and what did you switch to? How did your little one adjust? I don't want to mess her tummy up.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 11:06 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have never given formula to my babies, but you would be very surprised at how resilient babies tummies can be. Breastfed babies get a little bit of whatever mom has eaten and even though we tend to eat a varied diet, babies seem to tolerate it just fine most of the time. I've known many families who switched formula brands without a problem as well. It's worth a try, since it's cheaper and, at least for right now, safer than the SImilac. You can find sample sizes sometimes, but even if you can't, one can isn't terribly expensive, and babies usually outgrow the sensitive tummy thing and you can use it in a couple of months when she can handle it better.

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I breastfeed mostly but only a few Similac cans got recalled. And i still stuck with the brand, yes, i was def. grossed out but i didnt want to mess up what she was already used too or maybe to have her tummy upset with trying a new brand
    ashleyxo8

Answer by ashleyxo8 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• we switched to enfamil, then we couldnt find the big jars of it, so i got the sams one and my baby hasnt pooped today. thats just from being on the sams 1 one day. so we went and found the little can of enfamil, and hes drinking it right now.

last year, we switched from similac to the sams one and my baby got constipated. we had to give him prune juice to even it out.

the one difference from switching to enfamil is my baby pooped more watery, but it didnt seem to bother him. So try enfamil if you can find it. Same like similac
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I stayed with Similac, I just dont want to switch because my son didnt do well on others. I find the ready to feed at Target , Walmart, and Walgreens. When I do find it I usually buy 10 at a time.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 6:05 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• We have been on Enfamil Premium Lipil since my daughter was born, it is always in stock, and has been a great choice! The NICU at the hospital she was born used it. If I was a mother who used Similac I would switch.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010