homeschool or public school?

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in

• i would love to homeschool
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 11:09 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I will be homeschooling when DS is old enough, simply because, I want to KNOW what is being taught to him and that he will receive individual attention/teaching without ALL the other distractions and peer pressure of public school.
    miracle2009

Answer by miracle2009 at 11:10 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Of the 2, home school. Hands down.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• if i had the propper resources, homeschool. but my oldest dd needs to be around other kids her age to help with her speech development
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 11:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Well, I have 3 boys ages 18, 21 & 28. I actually have had experience with homeschool, public school and private school. All of them have their advantages and disadvantages.

For homeschool- it depends on the family. It's wonderful and can be a great advantage for many children, but not for everyone. My youngest son has been primarily homeschooled, and at 18 is now in his 3rd year of college. Both of my younger kids really benefited from homeschooling, although my middle son decided to go back to public school in middle school, and did exceptionally well there. He is also in college. My oldest son started out in private school, and when he was 7 and I had our 2nd child, I decided to stay home, and we moved him to public school. Private school had smaller classes, but didn't have as much of technology that the public school had. The public school however, did expose him to things earlier than I would have liked, and ...cont:
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• My kids go to public school, and always have. Might put them in private school if the school district they are going to gets bad.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Homeschool
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• and, had larger class sizes, but was able to offer more technology than I could at home or than private school, and more specialized classes. In home school we supplemented by sending them to classes for music, karate, sports, art, and some technology, as well as some specialized things we couldn't do at home.

Anyway, they are all doing very well, so it really should be a family decision.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:16 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• Public. I like getting PAID to teach, and my children enjoy the school they attend. :) We live by a good district though.

Anonymous

• Sorry....I think I got carried away!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010