• In the Spotlight:

Baby's tongue attaches to bottom of tongue

her tongue makes like a heart shape look? Wen is it necassary to havesurgery to clip it and when is it not nescessary"?

She pretty much is a good nurser but in the past has struggled with latching on every once in a while

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 11:08 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are in pain when you nurse or if she doesn't gain well, then you need her latch evaluated.

Comfort + weight gain = no problem
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• I would contact her pediatrician and have them look at it, in some cases the Tongue Tied needs to be snipped, but do not worry, it heals fast.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 11:12 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• my son had that you want to get it done asap it dont take that long at all and it heals really fast the thing under my sons tonuge that holds it down was really close to the tip of his tongue....i held him and the doctor cut it and we went home it bled for a few seconds and that was it....they say its best to get it done becasue it will affect speech and eating and can make it hard to do both so id talk to the doc and have them refer u to a specialist thats why my sons doc did
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 11:14 PM on Oct. 22, 2010