does anyone have any advice for a 17 month old with cough and nasal drainage.. when she wakes up from a nap she has fever. why is that?

nessanana

Asked by nessanana at 11:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try using a humidifier. Also, you can use a nasal bulb syringe to suction mucus. I have used Baby Vicks on my kids, that works pretty well. And your baby is old enough for you to use that menthol wash from Johnsons. Also, I use one of those plug-in things that puts mentholated stuff in the air. As for the fever, I have noticed that with my kids their fevers go up while they are sleeping... no idea why though. You can give generic Tylenol or Motrin if you are concerned. Hope the LO feels better soon!
    kmstockwell

Answer by kmstockwell at 11:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2010

• ty for answering, she's my grandchild and even though i've been thru this with my kids seems all new kind strange huh... lol ty again
    nessanana

Comment by nessanana (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Oct. 22, 2010