What is the best program to use for kids on the internet? My son is 11 and I want to let him use the computer but don't want him exposed...

3bs

Asked by 3bs at 2:17 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• What about club penguin it's for his age group? you can control what he is doing,who he talks to..e.t.c but anyway the site has games that the kids like to play,it is open to other players. The site is strict so I think perverts and people who don't mean kids well stay away from this site.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 2:30 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Yep, I agree. My kids are 6, 9 &10 & they love Club Penguin.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• wow, I've never heard of club penguin. I have my ds's home page set to Playhouse Disney. But his favorite site is wikipedia - what a little nerd huh? LOL!!
    semery71

Answer by semery71 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• lol...also block YouTube...lol...there is tooo much stuff on YouTube, for him to see and get into. My dad put a block on my computer until I was 17 years old...lol...I was mad, but hey, he did what he had to do to protect me! Do not let him have one in his room, because that is asking for trouble. Comp needs to be in a family room, so everyone can see what he is up to. But Club Penguin is a good program and AOL has a program and it changes according to there age group (of course must be approved by you!)
    YanniSmoMMy

Answer by YanniSmoMMy at 2:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• there are tons of fun games. if you dont want to have to pay a bill for him getting on penguin club, try www.funbrain.com www.schooltimegames.com www.disneychannel.com those sites are made for kids around his game and are both fun, eduational, and yes, APPRIATE!
    tiffany275

Answer by tiffany275 at 3:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My 10 year old goes on club penguin, He has a membership to the leggo website...Club Penguin is awesome!
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 3:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• my daughter likes whyville and kidzworld. she is 11, and also i remind her that i will be monitoring all activity and i don't do anything on the computer to be ashamed of or hide so she shouldn't either. lots of temptation for a youngster here. why don't we start a thread for our kids? on here? is that allowable?
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 9:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you have Firefox they have an add-on called family Glubble and you have to okay the websites before you kids can get on them. It has been a life saver in our household. also hotmail has a addon too called family care I think
    MOM_OF_3ATB

Answer by MOM_OF_3ATB at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008