What are you getting your 5yo son for Christmas?

I have no ideas at all...help me please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Legos, a fort(like a tent he could set up himself and hide in) we got that one year for our son, that robotic dinosaur in toys are us its remote controlled?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Sit down and watch some cartoons with him. That's where they advertise all the kids toys. He'll tell you what he wants for Christmas, which might be EVERYTHING, lol
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 2:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We're getting our almost 5 yr old (he'll turn 5 right after Christmas) the Leapster 2 hand held game system, and having the grandparents buy the games. They are educational, and he's been asking for it.
    icook

Answer by icook at 2:39 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My 4 yr old asked for a tractor with a backhoe and a shovel. Oh, and he wants it to have a hook so he can pull a trailer with it.

Take him to the toy aisle and just let him look. That's what I did a few days ago. He played with the heliocopoters the most. I asked him if he wanted one for Christmas though and he said no. He said he'd rather have a robot that turns into a car. And he wants it to be remote control.

Where am I going to find these things? LOL

Anyway, point is, he should be able to tell you what he wants for Christmas.
    shudderette

Answer by shudderette at 4:18 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• We're getting him a big recycling truck (like a garbage truck, but green and comes with bins that have the recycle symbol on them). Probably some more legos, since he loves them, and a few new books, a couple of plastic cattle to go with his "horse & cowboy" set, and a stuffed animal. Oh, and "santa" is going to bring each of the kids a child-size frisbee golf goal we can put in our back yard. Wheee, what fun!
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 6:25 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• My boys (4 and 5) love batman and since they came out with the new Lego Batman video game, that's what they're getting. They've never played video games at my house before but have a couple times at our cousin's house and loved it. It's non-violent since it's only legos ;)

I MAY also get them each a little learning laptop (Spiderman themed).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• Clothes (ha! he'll love that!)
    New bedding with cartoon characters on it (he has plain blue stuff right now)
    Books!
    A Vtech game
    Board game or two (he's been asking for Sorry)
    Legos

Anonymous

• A Didj...kinda like the Leapster handheld but for older kids...like 6-9 i think..my son turns six on xmas eve...also more magnetix....there awesome better that legos cuz they magnetically attach
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 4:20 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• We are thinking about getting him and my 3 year old a Leapster handheld video game. They both are learning to like that sort of stuff.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I have a 4yo son and im buying him either a

Toys Toys BMW M6 - 12v Electric Toy Car which he really wants but costs over £700 and that will be a real set back.

Stacey.x
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 11:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2008