If your candidate wins and he doesn't follow through with his promises what will you be thinking or doing?

Honestly....so much people hold out so much on hope for their candidate to do the right thing...but when they talk you into voting for them and then they abandon your hopes after they win the election how will you feel and what will you do to make them take responsibility for their false claims if they do not aspire to accomplishing what they promised?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Oct. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I really won't be suprised. I never trusted any of the things these people say. but i think that with the reasons on why im voting if he sticks to his promises or not he still will be better in my opnion.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I'll live with it just like I do with every other election I've voted in. Politicians lie, that's why they're politicians. They don't get where they are by telling the truth.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 5:01 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• One thing to remember is that whatever the President WANTS to do , there are very few things he / she CAN do without having to get Congress to go along with it. Used to be expected that the President appointed the Supreme Court justices, and the Senate approved them. That ended with Bork. ... Bush's plans for handling Iraq were severely hampered by the sensational media frenzy (ratings ! ratings ! ) and by Congress members, etc. ... So what other responsibilities of the Executive Branch are there? What can we actually expect a President to carry out when Congress is bent on preventing it? Yet the media still blames the President for problems - remember how the media blamed Bush for New Orleans' disaster and ignored the local corruption that was REALLY at fault?
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 29, 2008

• I would think it's business as usual. Politicians are always talking out both sides of their mouth, and rarely, if ever, do they keep their campaign promises.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:36 PM on Oct. 29, 2008