Deodorant

At what age should kids start using deodorant? My son is 7 but his good friend is 8 and says he wears it. I don't remember being that young and using it?

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 12:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I remember in 4th grade during "Human Growth and Development" class we were given deopderant. I didn't use mine- but I kept it in with my gym clothes to use when other girls would use theirs (so I didn't feel like a stinky loser). If your son wants to use it- I'd say go out with him and buy a deoderant made for younger kids.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I think it is different for every kid. Some will ned it earlier than others. some will start earlier because they have a n older sibling or friend they want to be like. I have a friend who's 5 year old wears it. Why? Because her big sister who is 10 does.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I don't understand questions like these. They should start wearing it when they need it. If he feels self conscious or he starts stinking, he needs it.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 12:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2010