Still going through my divorce but can't let him go?

married 6/29/03 had a baby together, he couldnt give up drugs & alcohol, i decided 2 leave with my son! i have never done drug, but i felt that the drugs seemed more important 2 him then us, i decided 2 leave him april 06 & filed 4 a divorce nov.06 well right now hes in prison & keeps writing letters about wanting us back & he is ready 2 start new & let the drugs go & he loves us, i don't know what 2 do because i am in a relationship of almost 1 year with a guy who is wonderful, but yet can't seem 2 stop thinking of my ex & how if only he would of let the drugs go it would have been better! am i crazy? i am scared to try again cause i put up with the drugs & him being gone all the time for 3 years! why its so hard 2 let him go? when i feel strong feels 4 my current relationship? i say he is a deadbeat dad but still find myself having dreams of him being a good dad & getting his life straight!also find myself dreaming of happiness with my new relationship too!

arnsmom2004

Asked by arnsmom2004 at 7:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• Thank you that helps!
    arnsmom2004

Answer by arnsmom2004 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• im actually in the same situation..... i know im not in any position to give advice but you should let him go... if its like my situation hes just saying what he knows you want to hear to keep you holding on and so he doesnt feel alone and when he gets out hes going to be exactly the way he went in or worse. or maybe he changed who knows? like the other lady said you should stay put cuz he seems to provide what you want in a family something that your ex couldnt and that feeling that you still have for your ex is never going to change its always going to be there because you guys share something special and thats your son and the memorys.
    cherrybeth3

Answer by cherrybeth3 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• thank you cherrybeth3 that really helps
    arnsmom2004

Answer by arnsmom2004 at 10:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2008

• you seem to have a good thing going. do you wnat to let that go for a fantasy of what your ex could be in a perfect world because that's what it sounds like you are doing to me. jmo but stay gone.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2008