Does your children pediatric have an after hour call or office center???

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 12:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have no idea. I have never needed to call.

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:53 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Mine has a 24 hour "advice" line but I don't bother calling it anymore because without fail no matter what it is they ALWAYS tell me to go to the ER, which I know is not always necessary in every single case!

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:58 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Ours has an answering service and sends the message to a nurse on call and sometimes the nurse will then call the doctor on call. I love our after hours line, they are wonderful with advice.

Our sons specialists we just call the hospital and they send the message to the doctor in the hospital doing rounds that day. That is always very nice cuz we speak directly to the doctor and they have been good to us.

Answer by Mipsy at 10:50 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No pediatrician for our child. We see a family practice doctor; there is always a doctor on call.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yes, they have a triage nurse we can call, and they also have limited weekend office hours (although I think there is extra cost to come in then, it's nice to know it's an option). I've called a couple times during off hours (when he had a fever and no other symptoms for example), and I felt like they were really helpful in deciding whether my son needed to be seen right away or if we could take a wait and see approach.

Answer by pam19 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• No idea; never had the need to call.

Answer by _Tam_ at 12:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• No. We use a family physician and an Urgent care center.

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes mind does

Answer by Cassandre at 11:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2010

• Yes, they have always have a provider on -call. I work at a family health practice and we too ALWAYS have a doctor on call.

Answer by Momto2beauties at 6:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2010

• 24 hours after hours line and the doctor calls back within 30 minutes.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2010