chances of twins again

I already have a set of twins girls and im ttc again. Im wondering if any one knows my chances of having another set of twins are

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends. Whose side of the family is it on? The father or yours? And whoever's side of the family its on, just do research. Figure out how often twins come up in the families an dyou shoudl be able to figure out what your chances are
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 1:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• If you have already had a set of natural fraternal twins or multiples, then your chances of having another set of fraternal twins or multiples has greatly increased!
    Chance of having fraternal natural twins is about 1 in 90.
    Chance of having fraternal twins with fertility drugs is about 1 in 35.
    Chance of having identical twins is about 1 in 250.
    Chance of having triplets is about 1 in 8,100.

Second time around:
    If your first set of twins were fraternal, then your chances of having another set of fraternal twins is multiplied by four! That's 1 in 12!
    If your first set of twins were identical, then your chances of having another set of identical twins drops way down to 1 in 70,000 or so.

Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:52 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Other factors that can increase the odds of multiples

There are many other factors that can increase your odds of having twins or multiples. Some of them are:

Your age. If you are over 50, then your chances of having twins increases to 1 in 9.
    Your mother or grandmother is a fraternal twin. Studies have shown that if your mother is a fraternal twin, your chances of having fraternal twins might be has high as 1 in 17.
    Your weight. Studies have shown that women with a body mass index of 30 or more have a significantly increased chance of having fraternal twins.
    Congenial

• A women my mom works with... She first pregnancy was twins, then she had her second born which was a single baby pregnancy and then they went to try for their last baby and got twins again. I'd do resarch on it. Good luck!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 2:11 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Thanks every one for your answers.... my twins are natural fraternal twins. And as far as i know my Grandmother first born was twins but lost one at early stage of pregnancy. i was pregnant with triplets and lost one at early stage of pregnancy. There is no twins on my fathers side that i know of...... i did know if you were over weight that makes your chances go up and i am alittle over weight. I also just got off the implanon. And I also heard that just get off birth control can make u drop two eggs
    28ttc6

Answer by 28ttc6 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2010