SOMEONE HELP!!!

ugh so my son is 9 1/2 months old and he has been sick the past 4 days with a really bad cold. anyways for the past 2 weeks he has been waking up every half hr to an hr every single night just screaming and crying and pushing away from me when i hold him he pushes his bottle away i do everything i kno to try to comfort him but he still crys n screams! i know he is teething and i do everything i can to help him but nothing i do is working!! i havent slept in 4 days!!! im soooo dead tired i can barely function!! ive tried warm bath n baby lotion b4 bed still dont work does anybody have any tips or tricks i could try! my SO went to walmart just now to get vicks baby rub we will try that tonight see if that helps i hope it does! someone help me out please!! i am one tired mommy!!

AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Asked by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if his teething get the baby anbesol for teething...maybe that can help out....good luck mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• he needs to see his dr. , something hurts or isnt right with him.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would say take him to the dr to make sure its not something more than you're seeing. For the cold I would put a vicks humidifier in his room (hot or cold doesn't matter so much as make sure it has the medication in it). For teething put some baby orajel/ambesol on his gums and give him a cold/frozen teething ring to help cool his hurting gums.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 1:12 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Another teething idea I've heard that I love, especially when they're having a hard time eating, is to freeze ice cubes of breastmilk or formula, put them in a nylon (or I guess they make some sort of a teething holder...) and let little one suck on them. Messy, yes, however, relief and nutrition are a plus.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i have taken him to the doctor and the doctor said its just a severe cold and he will get better in the next couple of days. i have tried teething tablets and baby orajel still nothing!!! he just fussess alllll dayyyyy on and off!!! im losing my mind!!!
    AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2

Comment by AlaSkAnMoMmYoF2 (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Try putting some saline in his nose, letting it soak for a minute or two and then using the bulb syringe to suck out anything you can get. He will hate it, but it will make him more comfortable for a little while. You can also sit with him in the bathroom door closed and let the shower run into the plugged tub on it's hottest setting for as long as you both can stand it. It will help break up the congestion in his sinuses.

Ask hubby to take him for the night any time he wakes up so that you can sleep. If he needs to call in to work tomorrow, so be it, you need sleep or you won't be an effective mother. 4 days without sleep is too long.

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• sorry sweetie,,if hubby is off for the weekend, you guys are going to have to work in shifts, so you can at least get a couple hours of sleep. If its a cold and your dr is on top of it,,then its gotta go its route. Tell hubby to pick up more teething med at the store, I hope you can get some much needed rest soon.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010