What does it mean to have intense food cravings and not be pregnant? is it normal?

I have been CRAVING EGGS!!!! in a huge way! this morning I made myself a heaping mound of cheesy eggs and then boiled up a dozen more for snacking and egg salad spread...tomorrow for breakfast I am already planning on making my own egg "mcmuffin" sandwiches..

What is up with this huge desire for eggs?
And no I am not pregnant.....know that for sure!lol

wheresthewayout

Asked by wheresthewayout at 1:02 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• usually a food craving means that you're body is low on some vitamin or mineral... My guess with the eggs is you need more protein in your diet
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Yep I agree. I think it's good to eat what you are craving.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Your body creates a "vitamin memory" of the things you eat. It basically remembers what nutrients you got out of different foods, and when you're running low on something, like Skipo said, you crave a food that your body knows contains it. However, your taste buds can also crave stuff... like chocolate. ;) I tend to get cravings for chocolate ice cream since I'm mildly lactose intolerant. I don't drink milk, although I eat a bit of cheese and yogurt. However, I tend to eat more chocolate ice cream, and I think my body remembers it best for calcium or some other dairy nutrient. Go figure. Basically, your body is smart. Try to eat healthy, but listen to what your body is telling you.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 1:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yeah I believe that....over the summer I was always eating steaks and now I'm not eating any at all
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• yeah this keeps up I'm going to need a few hens to lay me eggs
    wheresthewayout

Comment by wheresthewayout (original poster) at 1:17 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• It's perfectly normal to crave things when not pregnant! I have more non-pregnant cravings than I ever did while I was pregnant! I give in to my cravings because I know it means my body needs something in what I'm craving.
    Anonymous