What would you do if your daughter came and told you she was pregnant?

My daughter came home the other day and told me mom "I'm Pregnant". I do not know what to do, I want to support her and also help her decide what is best to do. She has already told me she doesn't want an abortion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Support her. Everyone makes mistakes, things happen, and honestly there's a lot worse things that could happen to your daughter than a baby. I'm sure she's scared and stressed, so do what you can to help her enjoy this moment in her life the same as any expectant mother has a right to. Help show her than a baby can be a great gift rather than a burden even if it will change her life. And try to be understanding toward whoever the father is to. If he's willing let him go to ultrasounds and dr visits w/ your daughter. Find some parenting classes for her or both of them to go to, to help them prepare. Also listen to your daughter. She's taken a premature leap into the adult world, time to treat her like one, meaning you can offer opinions and advice but ultimately you have to let her make her own decisions on a lot of stuff when you'd rather just take over. Good luck to you all
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• support her. itll be hard but its what she needs. stress is not good for the baby. best of luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Well.. no amount of anger is going to change what happened- not that you were showing anger towards her.... Support and love is the best advice anyone could give.
    Po0okiebear69

Answer by Po0okiebear69 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• all you can do is support her. be there for her as much as you can. i know when i was pregnant i didnt have any support (im 18) it wasnt fun. she needs you right now
    ear92

Answer by ear92 at 6:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would support her and sit her down and discuss her options and make sure she understands that if having the child is what she chooses, it is her child. I would help her in any way I could, but the child is hers.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 7:33 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• My teenager already knows the consequences of actions she takes if she chooses to have sex and the consequences she is risking if she has sex. She also knows what I will doing and saying "if" she gets pregnant. She will get a job, she will pay support for the child, she will raise the child, she will give up her teen social life because I am not giving up mine to raise a child she brings into the world. But that is me.
    iluv2meow

Answer by iluv2meow at 1:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2010

• you need to support her and take her by the hand and go threw this journey with her...she needs you a lot mama....and your gonna be a GRANDMA...congrats mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:09 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• get her enrolled in a school for pregnant teens/teen moms it is a wonderful place of support and she will "fit in" much better and whatever she decides to do support her and do not become irrate with her if she wants to give it up.

but to answer the question what would i do? depends on what daughter..the oldest and youngest I would demand answers since they have no bf's but the one that has a bf...i would be scared!

wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• She needs a reality check. Have her research the cost of raising a child, renting a apartment, clothing, food, toiletries, buying a car and insurance, etc. Make very clear to her that if she has this baby, it will be up to the baby's parents to raise the baby, not the grandparents.
    Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Oct. 24, 2010