Should I be worried?

I'm taking the beta blocker metoprolol, and my pulse is running 50-59 right now.. should I be concerned ? My blood pressure is around 105/64.. Usually runs that low.. however, my pulse doesn't.. I was put on it for unexplained tachycardias in the 150s.

Po0okiebear69

Asked by Po0okiebear69 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Health

• I have no idea. Does your insurance have a nurse hotline you could call? You should find out asap. God bless.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• DH takes metoprolol; it's never seriously affected his heart rate in a negative way- he takes it to keep his heart rate and bp down. I would suggest calling your doctor if you can and you are concerned. Had you been active, or were you resting when heart rate was taken? That will change it- DH's will be faster if he has been moving around a lot, and fairly low when he has been sitting for a while.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010