I am a Marine and I have a 3 month old baby boy. I found out yesturday that I have to go to Kuwait and my mom refuses to take care of my baby while im gone because she didn't want me to join the military. Would it be out of line to ask my brother to take care of my baby atleast until i finish my tour?

im 23

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Oct. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask, thats selfish of your mom to do that to you
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• if you think his going to take good care of your baby then yes do it...ROCK ON military moms ROCK do your thing mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:22 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Wow, sorry to hear about your mom.
    I think you need to ask whom ever you feel comfortable with. Good Luck momma! You have the hardest job on the planet. Take care, and be safe.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:24 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Not if he is willing and you trust him. You have to have a Family Care Plan if you are a single parent or the military can make your life a living hell when it comes to deployment time. Hope everything works out for you and be safe while you are there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• i would as long as i knew he was gna know what to do wiht a baby so small n if he has some kind of female help cus him being so lil is differnt from takn care of a toddler or older child n how his living conditions are lol if hes a party kinda person or not lol u dont wanna leave him if hes gna go out n forget he has a baby to take care of etc but for u mom thats so selfish of her she should b glad to care for him thats her grandson well good luck momma hope it works out for u,,
    sandi_361

Answer by sandi_361 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Thank you for serving!!! I think you should ask your brother. Sorry about your Mom. It is hard enough to leave your baby and I hope it goes well with your brother. If you trust him, you should ask.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• As long as your bro is trustworthy I would say ask him... Also if its a possibility the baby's father would probably be a good option. Good luck, and thank you for the sacrifice you make to serve.
    Skipo510

Answer by Skipo510 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• I would ask your brother. Maybe your mom will come around before you go. I'm sure she's worried about you. Although I would take my grandbaby, I disagree with meagan678. I don't think it's selfish. Taking care of children full time is a lot of responsibility. As every mom knows, it changes your life. Parents have already spent at least 18 years raising their children don't expect to have to raise grandchildren as well....it is a lot to ask of anyone.

That isn't meant to be a criticism of the original poster.....just something to think about when being hard on the grandmother. When someone makes a choice that can change someone else's life without them having a choice in it, that's pretty heavy.

That being said, I do admire and appreciate what you're doing, and wish you the very best. I hope your mom changes her mind. Prayers for your safe return.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:28 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Do what you need to do, mama. Ask your brother, ask anyone you trust enough to take good care of your child while you're deployed. Make sure you get the power of attorney taken care of and all that (I'm sure you know, they always told us this stuff when I was AD). Best of luck to you, and I hope you and your div come home safely!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:03 AM on Oct. 23, 2010

• Tell us more about your brother. Where is the baby's father? Your mother's refusal may just be a way to hopefully prevent you from deploying to Kuwait.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:25 AM on Oct. 23, 2010